background

Monday, March 21, 2011

Many 1sts and in the blink of an eye

Obviously with a child you experience lots and lots of 1sts. The first time they roll over, sit up, crawl, talk, cut a tooth, etc. Sometimes you wonder if they are ever going to do something and then all of the sudden they do and all too often we miss it.

The 1st time Maddy rolled over I was watching her attempt it and eating dinner while sitting on the couch. I turned my head to look at my plate and then back to her and she was on her belly from her back in the blink of an eye and I missed it. She rolled whenever I wasn't looking or there to see it for about 2 weeks and then one day I finally caught it.

When her 1st teeth came in she had been fussy and her upper gums were swollen but the lower seemed fine. Knowing from what I have read the lower teeth typically come in first but they don't always so I was thinking that perhaps she was just going to get uppers before the lower ones. Well much to my surprise one evening she pulled one of my fingers into her mouth and bit me. She had 2 lower teeth.

When she 1st pulled herself to a sitting position I actually saw her do it, I was shocked she actually did something in front of me for once.

So far those milestones have been fun to watch for and see happen. She can roll over(and over and over), crawl, say mama and dada and is working on dog and kitty. She can sit up just fine on her own, she pulled herself up for the first time just a few weeks ago and as of last night she stood up barely using anything to help her get there.

I fear walking is going to happen in no time. I am not sure I am ready for her to grow up so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment