background

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

3rd Trimester

So we'll catch up with the 3rd trimester. I felt pretty good for someone who was getting into that stage of pregnancy when you just feel huge and uncomfortable seemingly all the time.

Due to the gestational diabetes I had to modify my diet and I ended up losing the 9lbs that I had put on in the previous 2 trimesters. Thankfully I was already quite fluffy before getting pregnant so it wasn't the end of the world and the baby was still growing appropriately.

The 3rd tri was really quite a busy time getting things ready for the arrival of Madeline. My baby shower was at the end of March. We went and got the last things that we needed a couple of weeks before Madeline arrived and Mr. S and I got her crib and other things set up. I did the cute little baby laundry and all we had to do was wait to have the baby.

About a month before my due date I had to have another growth ultrasound and the doctors determined that Madeline was going to be a BIG girl. I was told it was highly suggested that I have a c-section and after some thought Mr. S and I decided that we would go with the doctors suggestion. I had wanted a natural labor and all of the sudden I had to do a 180 on what my plans were. I would rather go into having the baby knowing that I was going to have a c-section though and not laboring for hours and having an emergent c-section. So if we decide to have another child I may get to try my natural birth yet.

We scheduled my C-section for April 23rd (2 days before my actual due date) and had to just sit back and wait and hope that I didn't go into labor on my own or else we would have been rushing to the hospital. Madeline was quite content to stay where she was and I never had any real contractions/signs of labor at all.

Bump at 13 weeks

Bump at 39 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment