background

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Back to Work

So in late June I had to actually go back to work. While I was ready for more adult interaction outside the home I wasn't really ready to leave my baby girl. I knew that Mr. S was more than capable of taking care of her it was just the thought of being away 10+ hours a day (8 hours of work with just over an hour commute each way) that bothered me.
When I went back to work I was working 12am-8am. My MIL would come over about 9:30pm so I could shower and get ready for work because I had to leave about 10:30pm or so to give myself time for traffic, any needed stops and well just to get to work without feeling like I had to fly in the door. Mr. S works 2:30pm-10:30pm so we just needed a little bit of overlap.
Some nights Maddy would be asleep when I left for work others she would be wide awake and hanging out with grandma.

That 1st week back proved to be difficult for more than just leaving the baby and starting a new shift. We needed to have our roof redone and while we were really hoping it could be done while I was on leave that didn't happen. The crew started on my 1st day back. Trying to adjust to a new sleep schedule while taking care of a 2 month old and having your roof redone = not fun!

We muddled through the next couple of weeks and all I can say is seeing that happy smiling, cooing baby when I got home in the mornings made everything so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment