background

Monday, March 7, 2011

Graduations

I found this dress in February before she was born

While I was off on maternity leave we had 2 graduations to go to. My baby brother Ian and my best friends daughter Kristen both graduated from high school last summer.

Ian's graduation was probably the 1st really nice sunny day we really had while I was on leave. It was actually probably close to 75 or 80 degrees out some almost too warm. Madeline didn't seem fazed at all though she slept through almost the entire ceremony and was quite content to be passed around between grandma, great grandma, aunt Brittany and aunt Racheal at the open house.

A week later Madeline and I traveled to Cleveland for the weekend. We stayed with Julie and her family and helped get things ready for Kristen's open house. Now there is nothing more interesting than cutting up watermelon, strawberries and the like while wearing your sleeping 6 week old in a Moby wrap. During the trip Madeline slept her 1st 6 hour stretch through the night and surprised me. When we got home Mr. S and I decided to attempt transitioning her from the cradle in our room to the crib in hers for bedtime. We had already been using the crib for at least one nap a day and for her to sleep 3-4 hours at a time in the crib was a major triumph. It wasn't consistent but it had started happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment