background

Monday, March 7, 2011

Great-Grandparents

So Miss Madeline is very fortunate in the fact that when she was born she had(still has) 4 living great-grandparents. I was fortunate that way as well. Of course I only got to know 2 of them. My great grandma Nina, on my dads side, and My great grandma, Madeliene, on my moms side. I was a teenager before either of those wonderful ladies passed.

With Great-grandma F.

With Great-grandpa F.


Some days I am very very sad knowing that Maddy won't get to know my moms mother the way that I did. With grandmas Alzheimer's there are times you have to wonder if she even knows who she is herself. I am pretty sure she doesn't know who the baby belongs to and that she doesn't even really know me anymore. I am fortunate that I was an adult when she was diagnosed and her disease progressed further.

Maddy will grow up knowing that her great grandparents love her and hopefully she will have the opportunity to be close with them.

With Great-grandpa M.


With Great-grandma M.

No comments:

Post a Comment