background

Monday, January 19, 2009

Will it get better?

After Saturday's Fiasco at both home and work, I was so glad to have a good uneventful day yesterday.
I got up baked a cake for a work party today, watched Grey's Anatomy that didn't DVr because of conflicts with other recordings on channels that delayed programming until after President Bush gave his farewell address, did laundry, dishes, made dinner, etc.
All in all my domestic diva day.

Today well not so great, no car issues thankfully but I got out of the house a little later than I wanted to and of course in my rush tripped on our lovely draft blocking curtain near the back door pulling that down. My hands were full so I ran everything to the car and then went back and rehung the curtain.

Get on the road behind pokey-slow drivers, I know we have had snow and the roads aren't completely cleared but there are traveling lanes we don't need to do 20mph under the speed limit.

I got to my exit for the gym and the cake I baked took a tumble off the seat as I was turning, I am thinking "oh crap it's going to be mangled" thankfully I had it wrapped pretty tightly with foil and its a glazed bundt cake, apparently the glaze has some glue-like powers and the cake stayed put, hopefully it tastes as good as the last time I made this recipe.

I got to the gym and things were looking up for a minute. I was able to get one of the larger lockers that fit my stuff neatly and easily. and as I got ready to put my bag in I feel something sticky and wet. My little travel bottle of shampoo leaked in its mesh outside compartment.ICK! Then as I put my stuff in the locker I scraped my knuckle.

Went and got my work-out in and feel good about that. So I get to work an hour ago and find out that a breaker was the cause of our door fiasco. I guess it would be nice if they told us that the doors were on the breaker panels and maybe check that when there are problems.

Oh well the way my life has been so comedy of errors lately this is just another chapter in the book of "I'll look back and laugh."

No comments:

Post a Comment