background

Friday, January 23, 2009

Life keeps throwing curveballs....

Well this week has been probably the worst week I have experienced while I have been a married woman. I have a few people in my family going through health issues right now I don't know who to worry about most.

My grandmother is stil rehabing from her broken hip in November, she is actually doing rather well. She is finally walking and making progress which I am thankful for. She did however end up with a bad infection at the 1st rehab center she was at and because of the alzheimers she continually pulled out her picc lines. She has a central line and is a rehab facitlity that is more of a hospital type setting until the anitbiotics are done and the central line can be removed. After that I don't know what wull happen. Grandpa is insistent that he is taking her home but without nursing help none of the family thinks he can do it on his own.

My dad had chest pains and was hospitalized overnight just before Christmas. He had a stress test a couple of weeks ago and I haven't been able to find out what is going on. My dad and stepmother can never seem to keep a phone hooked up long enough for the number I have for them to be currrent and in trying to reach my grandparents to find out if they know anything I haven't been able to reach them. They go on senior trips from time to time so I am sure they are probably gone on one of those or else I would have heard from my aunt.

Now on to my husband. He was born with a heart murmur and he also suffers from anxiety/panic disorder. Sunday he was out shoveling or walk and when he came in he felt as if he was having an anxiety attack, I let him settle himself in, got the dog locked in another room while he got to feeling better, got him the juice he asked for,etc. Monday night on my way home from work he calls me, he is supposed to be at work but he took the day off. He got up early to try and straighten out trouble he had with unemployment during the last couple of weeks of the year when his plant was shutdown and then took a nap on the couch. Upon getting up he felt dizzy, and as if he were having an anxiety attack again so he decided to go to the doctor.

Well the doctor is concerned about his murmur and has ordered a Stress Test and EKG.
Eric goes for that on February 3rd. I hope that I don't get anymore family to worry about anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment