background

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.

So yesterday started off as a potentially good day, other than the fact that I had to go to work.
I got up a little bit after 7 am and got a bag packed, then got dressed for the gym. My husband was still up and playing on the computer, must be nice to have the day off and stay up all night. So I told him I was off and I would see him after work. That I was headed to put air in my tires and then off to the gym and work.

Putting air in my tires was where I went wrong I guess. I have one of those cars with too many fancy gadgets and one of the gadgets is internal tire pressure monitoring. Well with our lovely -14 degree below weather my tires were saying the air pressure was lower than it should be. So on Firday morning I tried to add air with a portable air pump that I own. It was so cold the lever that locks the hose on the tire snapped so I gave up and drove as it was only a few pounds low. Once I got going down the road it came up.

Yesterday I decide to go to a gas station and try. Well apparently thier compressor wasn't working and I took out about 10 lbs of pressure. So I called Mr. S. in a frustrated panic and told him he needed to come and help me. He's the one who figured out that the gas stations pump wasn't working. So I limped my poor car the 1/2 mile back home. I decide to try my little pump again while he is hooking up a compressor that we have at home (uh honey, why didn't you have me try that 1st before stoppin at a gas station? )and I end up taking out more air. So he tries starting our big compressor and it blows a fuse and he has to go and replace the fuse.

He then goes into the bathroom and yells "where is the hairrdyer?", um in my gym bag as I was going to go to the gym and then shower and get dressed there before work. So I go tot the car get him the hairdryer and he uses it to try and see if the compressor is just frozen. Gets it all thawed out and promptly blows another fuse in the house.

At this point I am freaked out that not only did I miss the gym but that I may not make it to work on time if at all. He was going to try a larger amp fuse and I said just take me to Walmart and I can buy another portable pump. So we get home and that works and there I am able to get ready for work and make it in on time.

I get to work and I am thing yay! I made it lets just get this 7 hours over with. Well I realize about 1/2 hour- 45 minutes into my shift that my water bottle is in the car so I decide to run out and grab it wearing just a fleece sweatshirt over my clothes. Somehow our key-fob door security system quit working after I got to work and I couldn't get back in with my key. I had to pound on the doors. Thankfully someone heard me and I didn't freeze to death.

So being in charge for the day I tell everyone that the doors don't seem to be working and to let someone know if you are going out. That message got missed by one person who ran out 20 minutes befoe the end of her shift to start her car in a pair of slip on no back tennis shoes and just a fleece over her normal clothes, no cell phone. Well she was down in the end of the deaprtment where no-one else was. She had to go and call us from a nearby business to get back in.

I think I should have just stayed in bed yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment