background

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Chapter in History.

Today was a history making day in our country. We ushered in a new President, who is our first African-American President.

When I look back on the history that has happened in our country in my lifetime. There is only 1 thing I can think of that could rival today. That would be the attacks on the World Trade Center on September 11th 2001. Yes there have been many historical things happen, but these are the 2 most significant things I can think of in my lifetime.

I didn't get to see the inaugaration because of being at work at the time, but I read the transcript of the address. I can only hope and believe that our new President can help rebuild our country. I know as well as many people do that it won't be overnight, it may not be next year but if we work together that change can happen.

Cheers to our new President Barack Obama May the next 4 years bring about positive change and growth!

No comments:

Post a Comment