background

Friday, August 20, 2010

2nd Trimester

OK so today we'll try to catch up with the 2nd trimester.
My 2nd trimester the nausea calmed down and everything was pretty good for a few weeks.
The day after Thanksgiving we had our anatomy scan and decided that we would also have the ultrasound tech tell us what we were having if they could tell. Well we found out at that time our baby was more than likely a girl as the tech could see no boy parts. Our baby girl was being demure though and not showing the goods for sure so we told friends and family we were fairly sure that it was a girl but not to go too gung ho with pink if they felt the need to baby shop.


Our Sweet Baby Girl


I did make the mistake of continuing on with somethings like I wasn't a pregnant woman and my mother and I did our annual holiday baking marathon. Due to the baking marathon and lack of rest I ended up overdoing it and got to go to the labor and delivery unit at about 21 weeks with a blood pressure spike and spent a couple of hours there.

At the end of my 2nd trimester I got the joy of doing the glucose tolerance tests again. I failed the 1 hour and got sent for the 3 hour test. I barely failed the 3 hour but because I did (one reading was 4 points over and the other over one was 10 points over)I got to be treated for gestational diabetes. Thankfully I was able to manage through diet and never ended up on medication. With the GD diagnosis they decided I would need growth ultrasounds so at my 1st growth ultrasound they were able to determine that yes my baby was definitely a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment